John Fisher is part of CBRE's Office Advisory & Transaction Services team,
specializing in Tenant Representation, Lease Negotiations, Long Term Strategic
Planning and National/International Real Estate Strategies for his clients.
Since 2005, John has been the Occupier/Tenant Rep lead on the Calgary Office
Leasing Team. Over this time, the Team has been responsible for over 1,000
lease transactions totaling over 5.0 Million square feet in leased space in the
City of Calgary and across Canada and the US.
In addition to leasing, John is active in transacting land purchases, owner/user buildings and investment properties and has sold over $250 Million in properties over the last ten years. John is a member of CBRE Canada's Private Capital Network, a specialty group formed within CBRE with the core focus of providing exceptional value to private investors and owner/users through best practices and industry-leading customer service.
John is actively involved in the Calgary commercial real estate community. He is a Sessional Instructor in Real Estate Analysis and Investment in the Haskayne School of Business MBA Program (University of Calgary), an Instructor at the Real Estate Development Institute (REDI) and has been a frequent moderator, panelist and public speaker at a variety of events. John sits on the Board of Directors of the NAIOP Calgary chapter and the Board of Directors for the Urban Land Institute – Alberta.
John currently holds the designation of Senior Vice President at CBRE Calgary. His progression has been in large part a result of his commitment to self-improvement, education, customer service and integrity. John holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Kellogg-Schulich (Northwestern University & York University) and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics (University of Calgary).
- Sessional Instructor, Haskayne School of Business MBA Program, University of Calgary (2015 to date)
- Instructor, Real Estate Development Institute, University of Calgary Real Estate Development Program (2012 to date)
- Board of Directors and Chair of Education, NAIOP-Calgary (2014 to date)
- Board of Directors and Chair of Communications, Urban Land Institute – Alberta Chapter (2014 to date)
- External Advisory Council Member, Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary (2018 to date)
- Former Board of Directors and Chair of Sponsorship & Revenue, Calgary Wildlife Rehabilitation Society (2015 to 2017)
- Licensed Real Estate Associate – RECA (2005 to date)
- MBA, Kellogg-Schulich (Northwestern University, York University)
- BA, Economics (University of Calgary)
- Bilingual: English / French
- CBRE Canada Top 50 Recognition Conference (2012, 2013, 2016)
- CBRE Calgary Top 10 Sales Professionals (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Weatherford Canada*, 120,000 sq. ft.
- Amec Earth & Environmental (now Amec Foster Wheeler)*, 110,000 sq. ft.
- Confidential Redevelopment, 90,000 sq. ft.
- Equinox Engineering, 76,000 sq. ft.
- IBM Canada, 55,000 sq. ft.
- Ferrero Rocher (New Jersey), 50,000 sq. ft.
- Alberta Health Services (Sunridge), 48,000 sq. ft.
- Critical Mass (Omnicom)*, 45,000 sq. ft.
- Parkland Fuel Corporation, 40,000 sq. ft.
- Excelsior Engineering (now Vepica), 35,000 sq. ft.
- Alberta Health Services (Red Deer), 34,000 sq. ft.
- Bonterra Energy, 33,000 sq. ft.
- Siemens Canada, 30,000 sq. ft.
- GuestTek Interactive Entertainment Inc., 30,000 sq. ft.
- Urban Systems, 25,000 sq. ft.
- NovAtel Wireless, 25,000 sq. ft.