Over the past 14 years, John Fisher has become one of CBRE Canada’s consistently Top Occupier Advisors providing unparalleled service throughout the CBRE platform by specializing in Corporate Real Estate Solutions for companies both large and small. John provides full-spectrum real estate Advisory and Transaction Services including Tenant Representation, Lease Negotiations, Location Analysis, Long Term Strategic Planning and National/International Real Estate Strategies for each of his clients.
In 2018, John was named as one of CBRE Canada’s Top 10 Occupier Advisors and as one of its Top 45 Sales Professionals amongst CBRE Canada’s 2,800 employees for his relentless drive to produce unmatched Advantage to his clients through his commitment to customer service, market intelligence, strategic thinking and unwavering integrity.
In addition to his work at CBRE, John is truly passionate about the Commercial Real Estate Industry on a national level. John is frequently invited to speak to the media, panels, conferences and industry events to provide thought leadership through his industry experience. After earning his MBA, John began teaching in the MBA Program at the University of Calgary lecturing in Real Estate Finance and Development. Beyond teaching, John is the current sitting President for the NAIOP Calgary Chapter which represents all major commercial real estate companies in the City of Calgary. In his role at NAIOP, John was instrumental in the creation of the Battle of Alberta University Case Competition and the creation of the Calgary Real Estate Excellence Awards event which hosts 220 attendees annually, both events celebrating and advancing the standards for the Commercial Real Estate Industry in Calgary.
Outside the office, John enjoys traveling with his wife, skiing/camping and hiking in the Canadian Rocky Mountains and playing piano and writing.
- Sessional Instructor, Haskayne School of Business MBA Program, University of Calgary (2015 to date)
- Instructor, Real Estate Development Institute, University of Calgary Real Estate Development Program (2012 to date)
- President of the Board of Directors NAIOP-Calgary
- External Advisory Council Member, Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary (2018 to date)
- Member, CBRE Private Capital Group
- Member, CBRE Technology & Media Practice Group
- Former Board of Directors, Urban Land Institute (2014 -2018)
- Former Board of Directors, Calgary Wildlife Rehabilitation Society (2015 - 2017)
- Licensed Real Estate Associate – RECA (2005 to date)
- CBRE Canada Top 10 Office Tenant Rep Brokers (2018)
- CBRE Canada Top 45 Recognition Conference (2012, 2013, 2016, 2018)
- CBRE Calgary Top 10 Sales Professionals (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018)
- Weatherford Canada*, 120,000 sq. ft.
- Amec Earth & Environmental (now Amec Foster Wheeler)*, 110,000 sq. ft.
- Confidential Redevelopment, 90,000 sq. ft.
- Equinox Engineering, 76,000 sq. ft.
- IBM Canada, 55,000 sq. ft.
- Ferrero Rocher (New Jersey), 50,000 sq. ft.
- Alberta Health Services (Sunridge), 48,000 sq. ft.
- Critical Mass (Omnicom)*, 45,000 sq. ft.
- Parkland Fuel Corporation, 40,000 sq. ft.
- Excelsior Engineering (now Vepica), 35,000 sq. ft.
- Alberta Health Services (Red Deer), 34,000 sq. ft.
- Bonterra Energy, 33,000 sq. ft.
- Siemens Canada, 30,000 sq. ft.
- GuestTek Interactive Entertainment Inc., 30,000 sq. ft.
- Urban Systems, 25,000 sq. ft.
- NovAtel Wireless, 25,000 sq. ft.