Tim Gifford is the Head of CBRE’s Investment Banking Business for Latin America, CBRE Capital Advisors Latin America, focusing on complex cross-border investment advisory services throughout Latin America.
Mr. Gifford advises institutional investors on mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, and financing of commercial real estate throughout Latin America. Working closely with CBRE office locations in Latin America, he provides clients seamless capital markets advisory service. Mr. Gifford has more than 20 years of experience in commercial real estate and investment banking business in various Latin American and Caribbean markets.
Mr. Gifford has a diverse range of experience advising institutional investors on the complete range of asset classes including: office, retail, industrial, hotel/tourism and residential. He has advised clients on more than USD $10 billion in commercial property investments in the region, including some of the most significant cross-border transactions.
- Advised a global private equity fund on the disposition of the largest multifamily portfolio in Latin America.
- Advised two of the largest European real estate funds on their respective Latin America market entry strategies.
- Advised on the merger of the largest multifamily platform in the region, consisting of 12,000-apartment units.
- Advised North American institutional investor on a $1.6 billion real estate retail merger in Mexico.
- Advised on the two largest commercial real estate transactions in Chile; Walmart retail portfolio, UIR office portfolio.
- Advised on the largest single-tenant commercial real estate transaction in Mexico.
Mr. Gifford has been a featured speaker and panelist at prestigious international industry forums, including ULI, ICSC, RICS, REALPAC, Terrapinn, the International Bar Association, the American Chamber of Commerce, NYU, and the Miami Mayor and City Government, amongst others.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Board Member Americas
- RICS Florida Chapter, Chair
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Counselors of Real Estate (CRE)
- ULI, Member
- ICSC, Member
- Real Estate Sales Agent, Florida
- Master of Business Administration, IE Business School
- Master of Science, Real Estate Investment Cass Business School, London
- Fluent in English and Spanish with working knowledge in Portuguese
- Recipient of the Colbert Coldwell Circle Award (which recognizes the top three percent of commissioned salespeople at CBRE) in 2018
- Top Office Deal of Year - Daily Business Review (2014)
- Top Office Deal of Year - Daily Business Review (2013)
- Top 40 under 40 - South Florida Business Journal (2012)
- Creative Deal of Year – CBRE Florida (2012)
- $1.6 Billion • Mexico Retail Portfolio, Mexico City, Mexico • Retail • Acquisition
- $646 Million • Walmart Chile Portfolio, various locations, Chile • Retail •Disposition
- $517 Million • Southeast Financial Center, Miami, Florida • Office •Acquisition
- $485 Million • Rochavera, Sao Paulo, Brazil • Office • Disposition
- $350 Million • Soho Panama, Panama City, Panama • Mixed-use • Disposition
- $300 Million • Vesta Industrial Portfolio, various locations, Mexico • Industrial
- $250 Million • Cap Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic • Resort/Residential Community • Advisory
- $245 Million • Plaza Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela • Retail • Capital Raise/JV Partnership
- $240 Million • Titanium La Portada, Santiago, Chile • Office • Acquisition/Financing
- $240 Million • Mexico Multifamily Portfolio, Mexico City and Monterrey, Mexico • Multifamily • Disposition
- $225 Million • UIR Real Estate Portfolio, Santiago, Chile • Office • Disposition
- Ongoing • El Cafetal Corporate Center, Heredia, Costa Rica • Office • Disposition
- $125 Million • Centro Bancomer, Mexico City, Mexico • Office • Disposition
- $111 Million • PwC, Mexico City, Mexico • Office • Acquisition
- $100 Million • Parque Titanium - Tower B, Santiago Chile • Office • Acquisition
- $100 Million • SCL Apoquindo, Santiago, Chile • Office • Disposition
- $96 Million • Doral White, Miami, Florida • Development Site • Disposition
- $90 Million • Nuevo Sur Shopping Center, Monterrey, Mexico • Retail • Disposition