Cara Chayet, is a Senior Vice President in CBRE’s Consulting Group and is experienced in all aspects of transactional real estate. She is responsible for analyzing real estate strategies for major corporations and creating in-depth financial analyses to compare occupancy alternatives and guide decision making. Since joining CBRE in 2012 Cara has been a key member of CBRE’s NY Consulting Group and has successfully completed over 100 transactions totaling more than 11 million SF.
Cara’s outgoing and positive personality is an indispensable part of any team she joins; her aptitude in connecting with both team members and clients gives her the ability to synthesize the goals of everyone at the table to ensure a successful outcome. Cara also works with several of NYC’s premier landlords on the leasing strategy of trophy office buildings which gives her a unique perspective on both sides of the negotiating table.
In 2019 Cara was profiled in the Commercial Observer’s “30 Under 30” list of rising stars in commercial real estate. She was also recognized as the Consulting Group’s “Professional of the Year” in both 2016 and 2017.
Prior to joining CBRE’s Consulting Group, Cara graduated cum laude from Vanderbilt University where she received a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Development and Corporate Strategy.
- Vanderbilt University, Bachelor of Science, 2012, cum laude
Affiliations / Accreditations
- The Commercial Observer’s “30 under 30” (2019)
- Consulting Group, Professional of the Year (2016 & 2017)
- Chair, Tri-State Women’s Network
- Founding member, Student Leadership Network’s Junior Board (“Next Gen”)
- Member, Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, New York
- Publicis Groupe
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- S&P Global
- The Bank of New York Mellon
- Société Générale
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan
- Citco Corporate Services
- William Blair
- Prudential Insurance
- Adams Street Partners
- Perkins Coie
- Mendes & Mount
- Watson Farley & Williams
- SL Green
- Brookfield Properties