Eric Thomas is a Senior Vice President at CBRE and has over 20 years of experience in real estate advisory. He is a trusted advisor to many clients specializing in Tenant Representation and is known for outstanding client service. He has cultivated a career founded on analyzing and integrating financial, human resources, technology, talent, and brand requisites to create the optimum real estate solutions. Eric specializes in overall real estate strategy development, location and site selection services, lease negotiations, restructuring expertise, business case creation, rationalization to senior-level management, and technological solutions to manage and track these commercial real estate commitments.
Eric has built a strong reputation for active community service. He is currently on the Real Estate Board of New York Technology Committee, serves as a MetaProp NYC Real Estate Mentor, and is on the Urban Land Institute Steering Committee. Going beyond the real estate industry, Eric is an active Business Council Member of the National Hemophilia Foundation and has supported the not-for-profit organization Back On My Feet, which combats homelessness through the power of running and community support.
Eric lives in Greenwich, Connecticut, with his wife Ionela and three young children, Eric James, Ecaterina, and Noah. Eric and his family love to travel, and he is an avid fisherman, skier, wind and kite surfer, and sculptor.
- Columbia University, Master of Business Administration, 2022
- Skidmore College, Bachelor of Science, Political Science Concentration, 2000
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) Technology Committee Member (2017 – Present)
- MetaProp NYC Real Estate Mentor (2015 – Present)
- National Hemophilia Foundation Business Council Member (2014 – Present)
- Urban Land Institute Steering Committee Member (2017 – Present)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, New York
- Annaly Capital
- Activision Blizzard Inc
- Akamai Inc.
- Hardesty & Hanover
- Henry Schein International
- Investec Asset Management
- Oracle Corporation
- Palo Alto Networks Inc.
- Penguin Random House
- People’s United Bank
- PJT Partners Inc
- Robert AM Stern Architects
- Spotify AB
- Twitter Inc.