Find Your Perfect Space
6100 Uptown Boulevard NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Erik Olson is a Senior Vice President with CBRE New Mexico Multifamily Investment Properties. He has been involved in commercial real estate and multifamily investment since 2001. Mr. Olson’s primary focus is assisting both buyers and sellers in acquisition/disposition of multifamily investment opportunities. Mr. Olson has extensive experience with the multifamily investment product type and has worked with a wide range of investors and owners/developers to reach their specific investment goals. His success is driven by his strong analytical skills and innovative sales/marketing strategies. In addition, his ability to evaluate different multifamily scenarios with an “ownership” point of view is particularly valuable to his clients. Mr. Olson has an exceptional track record for success and provides comprehensive support to his clients throughout the entire transaction process.
Mr. Olson is a member of CBRE Investment Properties and CBRE Multifamily. As a member of these groups he has access to a nationally-populated, proprietary database of multifamily investors including active 1031 exchange buyers. By leveraging the CBRE global platform, Mr. Olson provides his clients with sophisticated property and financial analysis, deep market intelligence, and national relationships with top investors. This platform gives the client the knowledge to make the most informed real estate decisions.
Prior to coming to CBRE, Mr. Olson was a partner at Real Estate Advisors in Albuquerque NM, and a private developer; building and brokering over $1.2B in real estate in the last decade. Erik is also a 5 year veteran (Captain) of the United States Air Force where he culminated his career at Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, DC’s lead VIP briefing officer for the White House and Pentagon.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- #1 Advisory & Transaction Producer: CBRE Albuquerque, 2016
- #5 Advisory & Transaction Producer: CBRE Albuquerque, 2017
- #4 Advisory & Transaction Producer: CBRE Albuquerque, 2018
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Designee
- Real Estate Licensure, New Mexico & Texas
- CBRE Investment Properties, Multifamily
- Commercial Association of REALTORS New Mexico (CARNM)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Greater Albuquerque Association of Realtors (GAAR)
- The Sparx Lorenzo Antonio Foundation – Associate Director of Development
- Big Brothers Big Sister of Central New Mexico
- B.A in Government from The College of William & Mary, 1994
- Dual M.A. in Management and Security Management from Webster University, 1998
- 2 HUD-based Affordable Apartment Developments (388 Units) $29.50M
- High Net Worth Buyer Apartment Acquisition $10.25M
- Apartment Portfolio Acquisition and Disposition $11.20M
- Hotel to Apartment Conversion $6.50M
- Private 1031 Apartment Portfolio Acquisition $4.65M
- Private 1031 Apartment Acquisition $3.60M
- High Net Worth Buyer-Seller Apartment Acquisition $6.40M
- High Net Worth Buyer-Seller Apartment Acquisition $2.80M
- Work Force Housing Apartment Land Sale $1.20M
Team Overview - Albuquerque Multifamily Investment Properties
Leaders in Multifamily Investment Properties throughout New Mexico
Leading in market share provides an irreplaceable benefit to multifamily clients. The benefit is that CBRE knows who the buyers are, exactly what they are looking for, and the New Mexico team has proven the ability to position client assets in the market accordingly. They’ve used their leading market share, unique hands-on approach, and exceptional attention-to-detail to consistently close “on-price”, and “on-time” for clients.
In 2007, the team created the only comprehensive multifamily market research survey for Albuquerque and Santa Fe. Today and each year since, the survey reaches over 40,000 “market” and “affordable” multifamily units, 3-times a year, and has become the benchmark research for many city and state multifamily reports, daily publications, newspapers, and magazines. It has also become a research report regularly quoted by local and national appraisers, lenders and even competitive brokerage firms. Copies of the 3 latest reports can be received by clicking below.