Eugene Terry serves as First Vice President on CBRE Houston’s office Occupier Team. Eugene helps local, national, and global companies evaluate their office space needs and execute strategies for managing expenses, reducing risk, and enhancing company culture. His primary objective in commercial real estate consulting is to be a long-term partner to his clients. Whether a client wants to renew or relocate, he provides all the tools from occupancy planning to overall portfolio strategy and lease administration. In addition, Eugene conducts a full financial analysis of the impact of all scenarios to consider.
Additionally, Eugene and colleagues at CBRE can handle any other commercial property types his clients need assistance with, including but not limited to data centers, industrial (manufacturing/distribution/warehouse), and build-to-suit developments.
Communication, efficiency, and negotiating are his strong suits. Eugene ensures that he find the best workplace solution for his client’s business objectives all while minimizing the time energy and stress associated with this process.
Prior to joining CBRE, Eugene worked at JLL for nearly 8 years. During his time at JLL:
- He assisted multitudes of clients with office space evaluation and lease negotiations.
- Delivered results in renewals, relocations, subleasing, and other areas.
- Provided extensive financial analysis showing impact in both near and long-term on company balance sheets.
- Supplemented lease economics with knowledge of necessary leverage tactics and familiarity with construction processes to ensure optimal solutions.
- Post-execution assistance with his clients’ portfolio lease administration capabilities and operating expense audits. A recent audit resulted in $1.50/SF in returned savings for his client.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin
Pro Affiliations / Accreditations
- JLL Gold Achiever: 2019
- JLL Top Achiever: 2017, 2018, 2020
- NAIOP Office Brokerage Rising Star: 2018
- Strake Jesuit Alumni Association
- Texas Exes Houston Chapter
- Silver Spurs Alumni Association
- Sky High for Kids
- Nick Finnegan Counseling Center
- PCL Construction
- BMO Capital Markets
- Expro Group
- Adams & Reese
- Easton Energy
- PreCheck, Inc
- Tokyo Gas
- Inpex Corporation
- MicroSeismic, Inc
- Witt O’Brien’s
- Escondido Resources