Jon Shay, based in Denver, is a Vice President with nationwide reach and serving the needs of the manufactured housing and RV resort sector. Jon specializes in the disposition of all types of manufactured housing assets and is involved in all aspects of the marketing process including business development, valuations, pricing strategies, negotiation and closing of transactions. Over the course of his career, Jon has closed 100+ manufactured housing investment property transactions, totaling 20,000 units, in twenty-nine states with a total consideration of nearly half a billion dollars.
Jon consistently strives to add value through his advanced knowledge of the industry and is recognized as a leading resource for the national manufactured home community and RV park market. Further, he was the first broker to transact in Colorado to a tenant group after an exhaustive marketing process to nationwide investors.
Prior to joining CBRE, Jon was on the National Manufactured Housing team at Newmark. The team won the Manufactured Housing Institute’s National Mobile Home Park Broker of the Year each of the five years Jon was at the firm.
Additionally, Jon has served on the teaching staff at Harvard University Extension School as part of the real estate program, two of the largest courses at that institution. Jon also has coached his Ice Hockey team to three state championships and four state finals since 2016 and is the active alumni chapter advisor to Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity in Boulder, where he has been recognized as alumni of the year both locally and nationally.
- University of Minnesota, Political Science
- Manufactured Housing Institute's National Mobile Home Park Broker of the Year: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- ARA-Newmark "Rising Star": 2017
- DCC Youth Hockey - State Champions in 2016, 2018 & 2020 and State Finalists in 2021.
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity at CU-Boulder - Alumni Advisor, recently recognized locally and nationally as Advisor of the Year