4301 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
Julie Kilpatrick is a Senior Managing Director for CBRE’s Project Management Advisory team for the West Region, overseeing operations and teams in Southern California, Arizona and Hawaii. Ms. Kilpatrick brings over 25 years of expertise to CBRE, with experience in leading, managing and delivering complex real estate projects. Her expertise encompasses a diverse range of specialties, including leading acquisitions, valuations, appraisals, entitlements, zoning changes, space lease and ground lease negotiations, design management, construction management and administration, budgeting/financing, asset management, and capital program & portfolio facilities management for both large global Fortune 500 companies all the way down to start-up’s and privately held growing companies across a diverse sector of asset classes including ground up, redevelopment, major infrastructure, office, life science/research, labs, academic buildings, retail, hospitality, industrial, performance venues, medical office buildings including OSPHD/HCAI, and multi-family.
Prior to joining CBRE, Ms. Kilpatrick served as the Director of Real Estate, Acquisitions & Public-Private Partnerships (P3) for the University of California San Diego. In this role, she was responsible for managing over $5 billion in P3 development over a 10 year capital plan including overseeing the University's new investment portfolio of off-campus properties totaling 600,000SF and collaborating closely with prominent UC San Diego institutions such as the Scripps Institute of Oceanography, the Natural Reserves System and UC San Diego Health. Ms. Kilpatrick led large-scale real estate projects that played a vital role in UC San Diego Health's ambitious $4 billion redevelopment of the Hillcrest Campus and the UC San Diego Blue Line Trolley. Her contributions significantly improved access to faculty, visitors students and quality patient care for residents throughout the region.
Ms. Kilpatrick began her career, and spent nearly two decades, at JLL’s Project Development Services group and was a Senior Vice President leading the Southwest Region, based in San Diego. Ms. Kilpatrick was named a Top Performer at JLL every year since 2003, excelling at client service and operational excellence. She received the company's coveted DaVinci Award—the highest honor awarded to professionals in Project and Development Services—for being instrumental in the development and execution of a single currency procurement program for the firm's multi-national global clients located across 5 continents.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI - Bachelor of Arts, Stephen M Ross School of Business and College of Urban Planning
- Harrington Institute of Interior Design, Chicago, IL – Interior Architecture & Building Systems
- Real Estate Broker and Sales License
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Project Management Professional – 11352
- CREW San Diego – Board Member
- Treasurer – 2020 & 2021
- San Diego Business Journal 500 Award Winner – 2022
- San Diego Business Journal Best Real Estate Deals Winner (Multiple Projects) - 2018
- San Diego Business Journal Woman of the Year Nominee – 2017
- JLL Top Achiever – 2008 thru 2017
- San Diego Business Journal Woman Who Mean Business Award – 2016
- ConstrucTech Magazine Woman of the Year – 2016
- JLL PDS VIP Award Winner – 2014
- JLL DaVinci Award for Innovation – 2011