190 Carondelet Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63105
Michael focuses on securing debt and structured financing on behalf of clients who invest primarily in Midwestern secondary markets, including markets located in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska. Michael frequently collaborates with investment sales and brokerage professionals in the CBRE offices located in those states.
Michael has over 25 years of experience in commercial real estate finance and has been involved in over $2 billion of capital market transactions. These transactions have involved multifamily (market rate, affordable, seniors and student), office, retail, industrial, hospitality and credit-tenant net lease properties.
The St. Louis DSF team is primarily focuses on providing direct financing through its agency and GSE lending platform, consisting of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and the FHA/HUD programs.
The team maintains relationships with all types of capital sources, including permanent, bridge/interim, construction, preferred equity, JV equity, mezzanine and portfolio capital sources.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio
Pro Affiliations / Accreditations
- Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA)
- Watermark at Chesterfield Village, Chesterfield, MO - Bank construction loan $54.6 million closed 2017
- Covington Place Apartments, St. Louis - $28 million FHA 400 units closed 2017
- Eastwood Crossings Apartments, Kansas City, MO - $22 million Fannie Mae 455 units closed 2019
- The Groves Apartments, St. Louis, MO - Fannie Mae $21.4 million closed 2016 452 units
- Chez Paree Apartments, St. Louis, MO - $21.2 million Fannie 382 units closed 2019
- Cinnamon Tree Apartments, Albuquerque, NM - $18 million Freddie Mac closed 2018 398 units
- Cape Cod Apartments, Peoria, IL - $17 million FHA 230 units closed 2015
- Tierra Pointe, Albuquerque, NM - $16.9 million Freddie Mac closed 2018 352 units
- LaCrosse Industrial, LaCrosse, WI - $15 million 1,000,000 SF industrial warehouse, CMBS, closed 2016
- Le Coeur du Monde, St. Louis, MO - $14.25 Fannie Mae closed 2016 192 units
- 860 East Apartments, Cincinnati, Ohio - $14.1 million Fannie 223 units closed 2018
- River Oaks Apartments, Tucson, AZ - $13.3 million Freddie Mac closed 2018 300 units
- Cordova Creek Apartments, Memphis, TN - $12.4 million Fannie Mae closed 2018 196 units
- 250 Douglas Place, Wichita, KS - $11.1 million Fannie Mae closed 2015 155 units
- Savannah Ridge Apartments, St. Louis, MO - $9.6 million FHA closed 2015
- The Pointe at Texarkana, Texarkana, AR - $8.5 million Fannie Mae closed 2019 150 units
- Colt’s Crossing Apartments, Lexington, KY - $8.45 million Freddie Mac closed 2017 140 units
- Ashton Glen, Dayton, OH - $6.5 million Freddie Mac closed 2018 110 units
- Centennial Place, Atlanta, GA - $6.3 million FHA closed 2016
- The Integral Group – Atlanta, GA
- Commercial Development – St. Louis
- The Wellington Group – St. Louis
- Fireside Financial – St. Louis
- Kohner Properties – St. Louis
- Pier Property Group – St. Louis
- FSS Management – Jackson, MS
- Stoneweg – Tampa, FL
Debt & Structured Finance Serving the Central US for All Property Types.
Our CBRE Debt & Structured Finance team based in Indianapolis provides intermediary, as well as direct lending to clients across the US. The Indianapolis DSF team has been involved in over $4billionof transactions since its formation. Our team originates debt and equity across all major property types including multifamily, industrial, retail, office, and hotels. Utilizing this breadth of experience and a vast network of connections throughout the financial sector we provide our clients with the insights necessary to fund the capital stack and execute their business plan.
Deeply ingrained in the Indianapolis real estate market our team draws on knowledge and connections across development, brokerage, lending, and advisory services to help our clients navigate the unique challenges and opportunities the Indianapolis market presents.
Headquartered in Houston, CBRE Debt & Structured Finance provides investment and advisory services to meet the financing needs of the full capital stack of commercial real estate investors, from small private investors to large institutional entities. CBRE placed $80billion in debt and equity in 2021. CBRE is the #1 multifamily originator of debt according to the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Services we provide include
- Permanent Financing
- Bridge Financing
- Joint Venture Equity
- Mezzanine Debt
- Structured Equity
- Preferred Equity
- Construction Financing
- Advisory & Consultation
- Loan Servicing