Michelle Smee joined CBRE in 2009 and is a Senior Vice President and the FHA Chief Underwriter for the HUD multifamily lending platform at CBRE Capital Markets. Ms. Smee’s work focuses on permanent debt products including Section 223(f), 223(a)(7), 221(d)(4) as well as 202 HUD programs nationwide. Ms. Smee also specializes in affordable housing including low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC).
Ms. Smee has more than 25 years in commercial real estate with an emphasis on the HUD FHA Multifamily insured loan products. Before moving to the United States in 2001, Ms. Smee worked as a Senior Commercial Appraiser / Commercial Broker for Walker Packman and Chesterton International plc (now BNP Paribas Bank). Within the United States, Ms. Smee worked for PNC Bank N.A., San Francisco where she worked on Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae as well as HUD FHA multifamily loan products.
Ms. Smee has been a guest speaker at the HUD Western Lender’s conference in Las Vegas and a Moderator for the last several years at the HUD Eastern Lenders Association conference in Baltimore.
- HUD FHA MAP and LEAN Certified
- South Bank University, Bachelor of Science in Commercial Real Estate, London, England, UK
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, England, UK
- Approved FHA HUD MAP and LEAN Underwriter
- Current Board Member for the Eastern Lenders Association
- Active Member of the Mortgage Bankers Association
- Past-Chair of the Northern California Chapter of the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors).
- Fellow of the RICS
- Associate Member of the Appraisal Institute
- Past Committee Member of the BABC (British American Business Council)