Federal Lessor Advisory Group
Relocation of DOD at Skyline
The relocation of the Government during a lease term is a near administrative impossibility because of Government workload. The challenge was to get the attention of GSA and DOD with a proposal for a Landlord-paid relocation of a portion of the tenancy to another building under the Landlord’s control.
- The Landlord wanted to relocate the Department of Defense (“DOD”) during the lease term out of a largely vacant building to another adjacent building so that the building could be repositioned and sold.
- The Government agreed to a Landlord-paid relocation of a portion of the tenancy and a continuation of the lease term.
- The remaining tenancy relocated into federally owned space allowing the Landlord to meet the obligations of the building sale.
- CBRE was successful in negotiating a lease modification to allow for a relocation of a portion of the DOD tenancy while the Government relocates the remaining tenancy to a federally-owned space.
- The relocation was completed on time and the space was accepted by the tenant. The lease will retain the remaining five-year term.