Brian Porter is a Vice President at CBRE. He currently carries over 10 years of experience representing clients of different sizes and niches.
Since 2014, Brian joined a national advisory group, the Technology & Media Practice Group, comprised of leading industry experts covering the top technology markets across the globe. He and his team currently lead the Toronto market evaluating and analyzing this growing sector.
Brian is also a member of CBRE Forward which is a proud sponsor of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50.
As a Vice President, Brian is a recognized expert in Toronto and has built a career in real estate negotiating 600+ lease and investment sale transactions representing over 4 million square feet.
Brian and his team are consistently leading the market in Toronto and in 2015 were awarded the Hutcheson National Top Team Award in Canada.
In 2017, he was featured in Biznow’s article “Adapting to Toronto’s Downtown Tech Boom” and most recently was a panelist at WeWork’s event on the future of office space.
- CBRE - Broker Choice Award - 2018
- CBRE - Early Riser Award - 2017
- CBRE - Collaboration Award - 2017
- Office Development of the Year Recipient, NAIOP - 2016
- Hutcheson National Top Team Award, Canada - 2015
- Member, Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB)
- Member, Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA)
- Member, Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
- CBRE University Advanced Office (101) - 2011
- McMaster University, Honours Bachelor of Arts - 2005
- Jet Cooper
- Stagwell Group
- Hello Fresh
- Checkout 51
- Bay Street Labs
- Ubiquiti Networks
- News America Marketing
- Lighthouse Labs
- Webtech Wireless
- AdeptMind Inc.
- Grand Slam Media Inc.
- Ivest Partners
- Ask for Task
(*) Number of Transactions
- Ontario Infrastructure (2*), 291,387 sq. ft.
- Allied Properties REIT, 170,000 sq. ft.
- WeWork (3*), 173,502 sq. ft.
- Holcim (3*), 167,086 sq. ft.
- VFM Leonardo (2*), 30,201 sq. ft.
- BA Group (2*), 34,439 sq. ft.
- Panivista (5*), 29,345 sq. ft.
- The Stagwell Group, 28,199 sq. ft.
- Lighthouse Labs (2*), 27,792 sq. ft.
- Sportech Inc. (4*), 23,799 sq. ft.
- Webtech Wireless (6*), 20,245 sq. ft.
- Uptake, 19,356 sq. ft.
- Rethink Communications (3*), 19,173 sq. ft.
- North Strategic (3*), 19,137 sq. ft.
- Lift & Co., 13,934 sq. ft.
- Fossil (2*), 13,350 sq. ft.
- Octopharma (2*), 13,167 sq. ft.
- Givex Canada Corporation (2*), 12,097 sq. ft.
- Pulse Systems, 11,700 sq. ft.
- Centre Court (2*), 11,674 sq. ft.
- Checkout 51 (3*), 11,664 sq. ft.
- Expedia, 11,376 sq. ft.
- Courtyard Group, 11,200 sq. ft.
- Canada Colors and Chemicals Limited,
11,145 sq. ft.
- Spinrite Inc., 10,728 sq. ft.
- Relay Ventures (2*), 9,560 sq. ft.
- Hubba, 9,344 sq. ft.
- News America Marketing, 9,202 sq. ft.
- Align Technology