David Thompson is Senior Director of Project Management for the Carolinas, with 20 years of experience managing various types of projects and programs. Mr. Thompson's expertise includes site acquisition, project and portfolio strategic planning, design and construction coordination, procurement, quality control and business transition/move management.
Mr. Thompson is responsible for all aspects of project development. From strategic planning to execution and delivery, he provides superior services to a variety of regional, national and global clients.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Thompson was a Senior Project Manager with Wells Fargo where he managed mission critical, building infrastructure, retail and office up-fit projects. Previous experiences also include residential development and environmental consulting
- Red Hat Headquarters – Construction of a new 365,000 sq. ft. global headquarters
- Wachovia Portfolio Consolidation – Project and Program Manager – vacated/decommissioned 700,000 sq. ft., relocated 3,500 people, renovated 150,000 sq. ft., within 8 months
- Bank of America – Managed the all aspects of construction and occupancy of mission critical projects such as the Hearst Tower Trading Floor ($85 million), Hearst Tower office floors ($15 million), and Founders Hall Trading Floor renovation ($15 million)
- Residential Development – Responsible for residential developments, from land acquisition to completion, in the Charleston, SC area, totaling 750 lots and a budget of approximately $20 million
- The Pantry – Provided environmental risk assessments for over 1,500 site acquisitions