Find Your Perfect Space
Bill is currently a Senior Vice President in the Chicago Region Industrial/Corporate Advisory Services Group and is a co-leader of the firm’s Global Supply Chain Practice. He is responsible for developing and implementing local and national real estate solutions for clients with diverse needs. His focus is assisting corporate users of industrial space by optimizing their distribution and manufacturing networks and providing results driven total real estate occupancy cost solutions. Mr. Frain successfully provides a holistic approach to his client’s site selection and real estate strategies by integrating transportation analysis, labor analytics, and economic incentive negotiations. Bill’s clients span a broad range of industries including food service, retail distribution, consumer goods, and manufacturers of industrial products.
Mr. Frain is a CBRE veteran coming to the firm following its merger with Insignia/ESG in 2003. Throughout his twenty-eight year career, he has negotiated transactions in 50 markets outside of Chicago including Canada, Mexico, Europe and Asia valued in excess of $1.5 billion. Bill implements real estate strategies that have consistently saved his clients time and money.
Bill has dedicated a significant amount of his personal time to local city government committees, charitable activities, and coaching various youth organized sports. Bill resides in Lake Forest with his wife, and two children.
Areas of Expertise include: Tenant Representation, Logistics Consulting, Site Selection, Acquisitions, and Surplus Asset Disposition.
- NAIOP Industrial Transaction of the Year Finalist 2010 - (Chicago ) RTC, 503,000SF, Romeoville, IL
- SIOR Largest Cooperative Transaction of Year 2008 - (National) Macy’s, 861,000 S.F., Minooka, IL
- NAIOP Industrial Transaction of the Year Finalist 2008 - (Chicago) Macy’s, -861,000 S.F., Minooka, IL
- SIOR Largest Cooperative Transaction of the Year Finalist 2008 - (Salt Lake City, Utah) Sephora-320,000 SF
- NAIOP Industrial Transaction of the Year Finalist 1993 - (Chicago) Komatsu Dresser, - 1,200,000 SF, Broadview, IL
- NAIOP Office Transaction of the Year Finalist 1998 - (Chicago) ADP, Elk Grove Village, IL - 250,000 SF, Elk Grove Village, IL
- CoStar Power Broker, multiple times