400 S Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Chris joined CBRE in 2011 as part of the Urban Group. He was formerly with Grubb & Ellis Company, which he rejoined in 2005 as a Vice President. His areas of expertise include investment sales, lease negotiations, property management and construction – totaling over $4.7 billion of commercial property transactions and leasing transactions in excess of 9 million square feet. Chris began his real estate career in 1996 with the Grubb & Ellis Company. In 1999 he joined Julien J. Studley, Inc. and was awarded the National Rookie of the Year award in 2000. Chris is a licensed General Contractor and has extensive knowledge in real estate development and property management. While at Grubb & Ellis Company, Chris’ Investment Team was the No. 1 Investment Team in the Downtown Los Angeles office in 2006, 2007 and 2009. During this time, he also facilitated the evaluation in excess of $3.4 dollars of distressed properties throughout the United States.
Chris is proud to have represented the interests of such esteemed clients as Downtown Properties, Far East Bank, YWCA, Chinatrust Bank, East West Bank, Federal Reserve, JADE Enterprises, The Hearst Corporation, Somerset Group, Operating Engineers Pension Fund, Beyond Shelter, among many others.
Chris is on the Foundation Board of Providence Little Co. of Mary Hospital, Torrance, CA, a member of the St. Katherine Greek Orthodox Foundation, a Life-Time Member of the California Alumni Association, a Life member of the St. Sophia Greek Orthodox Church, an active member of The Down Syndrome Research and Treatment Foundation and a former founding Board Member of Bank of Manhattan in El Segundo, CA and former Member of The Chadwick School Alumni Council and Para Los Niños Council. Chris grew up in Palos Verdes Estates and currently resides in Manhattan Beach with his wife, Jennifer and their children CJ, Julianne and Grace. In his spare time, Chris enjoys traveling, skiing, and basketball.
- Investment Sales
- Owner/User and Landlord Representation
- Property Evaluations
- Housing Construction
- Assistant Director of Julien J. Studley, Inc.
- Principal of Newmark Capital Group
- Senior Vice President of Grubb & Ellis
- Graduate of the University of California, Berkeley with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Urban Development and City Planning.
Specializing in urban investment & leasing in the Greater Los Angeles area.
The Urban Group of CBRE
The Power of Experience
Downtown Los Angeles Foresight, Influence & Expertise
The Urban Group of CBRE is one of the most successful investment sales teams in Southern California. Focusing mainly in the Los Angeles region, the Urban Group, with over 110 years of collective real estate experience, has sold or leased over $4.7 billion, and 19 million square feet of commercial real estate; mainly in office sales/leasing, adaptive reuse projects and in mixed use land developments. During that time, we have developed a nuanced understanding of LA’s market trends, regulatory environment, tenants and landlords. This highly specialized skill set includes:
- Certified insight into existing supply potential
- A demonstrated talent for selling the market’s upside
- Political leverage and community influence
- Knowledge of global Capital drivers & requirements
From pioneering the development of downtown’s first major supermarket to selling the most valuable piece of development land in South Park, we have played an instrumental role in the renaissance of Downtown LA.
As a team comprised of top-producing brokers, banking board members, private capital experts and an MAI appraiser, CBRE’s Urban Group applies a comprehensive gamut of intelligence for competitive value-creation in Los Angeles. We transform existing supply to capture competitive demand in the following areas:
- Representation of private capital and institutional funds
- Local and national disposition assignments
- Debt and equity financing
- Historic Property Sales
- Building conversion and repositioning
- Mills act tax assessment reductionsHistoric renovation tax credits
- Historic renovation tax credits
- Strategic planning and vision
- Agency representation for creative office
- Marketing to target rich tenant / broker pool
- High-Density Urban Land Sales
- Development site analysis
- Zoning, density and entitlement
- Transfer of Floor Area Ration (TFAR)
- Market research and demographic analysis