Find Your Perfect Space
400 S Hope Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
After working as a commercial real estate appraiser for ten years, Jeff Stephens joined CBRE in 1997 as an industrial real estate broker specializing in the Central Los Angeles market.
Focused on the Commerce/Vernon/Los Angeles submarkets, Jeff helps investors, users and institutions maximize the value of their industrial property transactions through an intelligence-driven approach, emphasizing risk reduction and efficient results. His track record includes the successful delivery of transactions ranging from investment dispositions, sale-leasebacks, joint ventures to build-to-suit acquisitions, value-add facilities, leasing, occupier studies and land sales.
With a 10-year appraiser background and long-standing knowledge of Central LA’s diverse real estate players, transaction activities and deal motivations, Jeff advises the most competitive opportunities and creates negotiating leverage. Concurrently, he integrates business intelligence with lease optimization, location analysis and organizational strategies to maximize occupancy savings and drive meaningful value to his clients’ long-term objectives.
Since 1997, Jeff has consistently participated in 35 to 65 transactions per year, totaling more than 70 million square feet and a total consideration of $4.1 billion. His attention to detail gained through the discipline of appraisal and focus on a specific geographic area as a broker has resulted in a competitive advantage that is difficult to match.
- 2016 - 2020 - #1 CBRE Industrial Broker – Central Los Angeles
- “Top 15 of all brokers” CBRE Los Angeles Office 2013 – 2017 and 2019 - 2020
- “Top 5” Brokerage Professional, CBRE Commerce Office; 1999 – 2012
- “Top 1st – Year Producer,” CBRE Greater Los Angeles Region; 1997
- #4 Broker, CBRE Downtown LA Office; 2020
- "Top 10% of all brokers" CBRE National; 2020
- State of California, Real Estate Broker License
- California General Certified Real Estate Appraiser (no longer active)
- Member, American Industrial Real (AIR) Estate Association
- Member, AIR Senior Advisory Committee
- University of Southern California, Bachelor of Science; Business Finance (Real Estate Emphasis)
- Completed all required courses for MAI designation
- Sares-Regis Group (developer)
- Ball Metals
- Valley Plating
- C & H Sugar
- Ernest Paper
- Guardian Life
- Westcore Realty
- Smart & Final
- Citizens Business Bank
- Interline Brands (Home Depot
- Penguin Natural Foods
- CME Wire
- Color Image/Bella
- Graphic Press
- RePlanet Recycling
- Studio Designs
- FAM, LLC (apparel)
- Pyramid Sound Justman Packagin
View our brochure to learn more about the services we provide
Available PropertiesSearch Properties
Helping clients achieve outstanding outcomes in L.A's ever changing industrial market.
With over 50+ years of experience helping owners, developers, lenders, buyers, sellers, and tenants of industrial real estate properties achieve outstanding outcomes in Los Angeles' tight and ever-changing industrial market, the team of Jeff Stephens, Jack Mergenthaler, Evan Crawford and Janice Bessler produces results to create value and to minimize risk for their clients. With unmatched local market expertise and CBRE's dominant global platform, the team offers a full range of integrated services, including:
- Owner/Landlord Representation
- Access to International Market Data
- Supply-Chain Logistics Efficiency Studies
- Site Selection
- Project Management
- Tenant/Purchaser Representation
- Labor And Freight Cost Comparative Studies
- Build-To-Suit Transaction Services
- Transactions Analysis
- Land Acquisitions / Assemblage
- Property Management Services
- Valuation Studies
- Business-Plan Analysis
- Highest and Best-Use Studies
We offer over a combined 50 years of experience - completing over 60+ transactions per year, totaling over 70 million square feet, and a total consideration of $4.1 billion.
We represent the largest industrial real estate platform in the world, offering an integrated suite of services for occupiers and investors.
Senior Vice President