Marcy Owens Test heads the CBRE Federal Lessor Advisory Group. She is a federal government expert in commercial real estate space with more than 30 years of experience. Her strength lies in managing large and complex projects on behalf of owners and investors and her success is tied to a high-level attention to detail. From her years as a GSA Contracting Officer, she has a compelling network of relationships and unmatched insight into how federal real estate transactions are executed. She is sought out by many for technical knowledge in all aspects impacting Federal real estate including market trends, investment sales, due diligence, Federal lease construction, lease administration, leasing and relationship management.
- Masters degree in International Management from the University of Denver
- Bachelor of Arts degree in International Services and Economics from the American University
Pro Affiliations / Accreditations
- Board Member/Conference Chair - National Federal Development Association
- Member, Dean’s Board of Advisors, American University, School of International Service
- Member, CBRE Mid-Atlantic Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
- Congressional Testimony, May 2021, House Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- GlobeSt. Women Of Influence and Women to Watch - 2021
- CBRE, George T. Quinn Lifetime Achievement Award - 2019
- CREBA, Top Regional GSA Leasing Agent - 2016 & 2014
- CREBA, Virginia Deal of the Year - 2015
- USAA, Nationwide: Representing this client for numerous lease actions and lease administration activities throughout their national federally leased portfolio and most recently the 20-year renewal of the FBI Regional Headquarters in Chicago, IL.
- Boston Properties, Washington DC: Represented this client on multiple large tenant renewals including the International Trade Commission headquarters.
- Salus Federal Properties: Represented the owner for renewal of the US Courts, US Attorneys and US Marshals for more than 100,000 square feet.
- Somera Road, Falls Church VA: Representing this owner in more than 400,000 square feet of lease renewals.
- ASI, Philadelphia PA: Represented this owner on the new 100,000 square foot lease for the US Army Corps of Engineers regional headquarters.
- Moinian Group, Dallas TX: Represented the owner on new 229,000 square foot lease for the Environmental Protection Agency regional headquarters.
- DRA Advisors, Atlanta GA: Represented the owner on a new consolidation for FEMA’s Regional Headquarters and renewals of multiple CDC leases.
- Waverly Management, Philadelphia PA: Represented the owner on a renewal of the US Attorneys Office lease and a new lease for the Department of Labor.
- Morgan Stanley, Arlington VA: Represented the owner for renewal of the State Department in 340,000 square-foot trophy quality asset.
- JP Morgan Asset Management, Arlington VA: Led a team to complete occupancy of a 700,000 square foot multi-tenanted office building.
- Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Washington DC: Representing Piedmont in the leasing of 325,000 square feet to new federal tenants. Led the leasing effort to retain NASA for 600,000 square feet and DIA for 210,000 square feet.