185 Asylum Street
CityPlace I 31st Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
Mr. Riccio is Co-Head of National Production for CBRE Capital Markets Debt & Equity Finance. Mr. Riccio, based in Hartford, CT is also the Northeast Regional Manager for the CBRE Debt & Equity Finance offices in Connecticut, New York City, Boston, New Jersey, and Pittsburgh. He joined CBRE in 2004 and has more than 28 years of real estate experience. Michael has closed over $5 billion of mortgage transactions in major metropolitan areas around the United States in all property types.
Prior to opening the CBRE Capital Markets office in Hartford, Michael spent 23 years at CIGNA and held several real estate positions, including assignments in asset management, portfolio management and debt origination. Michael is frequently a speaker at industry events and is a published author.
Mr. Riccio is or has been an active member in the following organizations: International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF), and serves as Past President and Board Member of The Hartford Chapter of the Real Estate Finance Association (REFA). Mr. Riccio is currently serving a two-year term as President of REFA Connecticut, overseeing both the Hartford and Fairfield/Westchester Chapters. He is also a contributing member of the Principal Global Investors National Debt Advisory Board. Mr. Riccio is also one of the few debt and equity professionals in the US that has been asked to be a member of the elite CBRE Institutional Group, a group of senior professionals that serves CBRE’s top clients. Mr. Riccio is also a member of the five-member CBRE Debt & Equity Advisory Board, an elected position through a vote of his colleagues from around the US.
- Past Member - National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries (NCREIF)
- Member - International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Past President- Real Estate Finance Association (REFA), Board Member
- President – Real Estate Finance Association – CT
- Member – Principal Global Investors – National Debt Advisory Board
- Member – CBRE Institutional Group
- Member – CBRE Debt and Equity Advisory Council
- University of Connecticut, Master of Business Administration, Finance and Real Estate
- Southern Connecticut State University, Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics
- UBS Center Portfolio - San Franciso, Denver, Phoenix; $92.3M
- Royal Center Portfolio (Office) - Alpharetta, GA; $77.0M
- Creve Coeur Corporate Center - St. Louis, MO; $65.0M
- Crest at Lone Tree (Apartments) - Lone Tree, CO; $42.8M
- Chevy Chase Plaza (Office) - Washington, D.C.; $35.0M
- Kamson Multi-Family Portfolio - Hartford, CT; $34.2M
- Ferraina Portfolio (Industrial/Office) - Windsor, CT; $27.0M
- Stevens Creek Central (Retail) - San Jose, CA; $24.0M
- Windshire Terrace (Apartments) - Middletown, CT; $23.9M
- Marriott Residence Inn Amelia - Island, FL; $15.0M
- 100 International Drive - Windsor, CT; $12.0M
- Crow Holdings
- UBS Realty Investors
- Trammell Crown Residential
- Mill Greek Residential Trust
- Centro Properties
- Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers
- New Boston Fund
- Talcott Realty Investors
- The Ferraina Company
- Hart Realty Advisers, Inc
- BayNorth Capital
- DeMattia Companies
- Thackeray Partners
- Griffin Land
- Robert T. Samuels Company
- Simons Real Estate Group
Team Overview - Debt & Structured Finance Hartford team
Provides financial lending expertise and specialization across all property types and capital structures.
Our team views each financing assignment as an opportunity to serve as a trusted capital advisor and to maximize the value of our client’s real estate investments. We excel in structuring capital solutions and in developing and implementing custom applications that meet our client’s strategic goals and objectives.
Over many decades, our team has built exclusive relationships with sources that provide affordable capital in the most challenging of times, and with more than 100 professionals located in 30 offices nationwide, new relationships are developed daily. Our loan servicing is executed through CBRE Loan Services, which is among the largest servicers of commercial real estate loans in the nation.
Our extensive and focused approach allows us to provide unparalleled expertise and capital access that results in overwhelming success for our clients. The Debt & Structured Finance Group Hartford has originated more than $3.5 Billion since 2010 and is consistently recognized as one of the premier real estate finance teams in the country. For more information on how we have contributed to our clients’ success, see our Significant Transactions page.