David Murphy is a recognized market leader in Florida industrial and office/flex real estate. Mr. Murphy has been named the Top Industrial Broker in Central Florida by NAIOP for 15 years and has been recognized by Real Estate Florida Magazine as one of the Top 25 Commercial Brokers in the State of Florida. Mr. Murphy combines aggressive sales skills with a strong technical real estate background. He is both a Florida Certified General Appraiser and a Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI).
Mr. Murphy leads the top preforming industrial team in Central Florida. The Central Florida Industrial and Investment team handles the entire lifecycle of industrial real estate:
- Investment Sales: Mr. Murphy has handled over 35 industrial investment transactions totaling over $860,0000,000 in transaction volume over the past 10 years.
- Agency Services: Mr. Murphy’s team currently handles over 5,000,000 square feet of industrial landlord leasing. Our knowledge of how industrial real estate is valued and sold allows us to partner with landlords to create value.
- Occupier Services: We represent local and national tenants in their needs both throughout Central Florida and in multiple markets. For our multi-market tenants, we utilize the CBRE network to ensure that they have the best industrial agents representing them throughout North America while utilizing our proprietary lease process to ensure continuity in every market we represent them in.
- Building Sales: Many industrial buildings are owner-operated, and we have agents who specialize in working with building owners as well as buyers to find the best industrial building for their needs
- Debt and Equity: Our team partnered with CBRE Debt and Equity professionals to secure over $100M in financing in 2016.
Click here to watch David's Introductory Video
Mr. Murphy and his team focus their industrial and office/flex real estate services in the following locations:
- Orlando (Orange County)
- Lakeland, Winter Haven, Davenport (Polk County)
- Lake Mary, Altamonte Springs, Sanford (Seminole County)
- Kissimmee (Osceola County)
- Daytona, Deland, Deltona (Volusia County)
- Florida’s Space Coast, Melbourne, Palm Bay, Cocoa, and Titusville (Brevard County)
- Clermont, Groveland (Lake County)
- Ocala (Marion County)
Mr. Murphy also represents industrial investors throughout the state of Florida and represents several large industrial tenants in multi-state, multi-market requirements.
- Member CBRE Industrial Advisory Council (IAC)
- CBRE National Industrial Team
- CBRE Special Properties Group
- CBRE E-Commerce Practice Group
- Member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI)
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Associate Member, NAIOP
- Bachelor of Science, Real Estate, Pennsylvania State University
- Graduate level courses in advanced real estate financial analysis, Penn State
- Former member of the Penn State Nittany Lion Hockey Team
Active in a variety of charitable organizations
- Former professional hockey player (East Coast Hockey League)
- Former late model race car driver at several local speedways
- Qualified for and ran in the 2013 Boston Marathon
- Father of three boys
Mr. Murphy has received the following recognition for his market leading industrial real estate services on behalf of his clients:
- Recognized by CBRE as Top 225 Nationally, Top 25 in Florida, and Top 5 In the Orlando Office
- NAIOP of Central Florida Industrial Broker of the Year (15 Years)
- CBRE Florida Award of Excellence (2015)
- Central Florida Commercial Association of REALTORS Top Overall Producer
- Central Florida Commercial Association of REALTORS Top Industrial Broker
- Top 25 Commercial Brokers in Florida by Real Estate Florida Magazine
- Orlando Business Journal 40 under 40
- CBRE Eastern US Rookie of the Year (1999)
Partial Transaction List
- Building Sale - Groveland Distribution Center - 706,000 SF
- Building Sale - Leisure Bay Industries - 560,000 SF
- Building Sale - Recoton Corporation - 755,000 SF
- Building Sale - General Dynamics - 360,000 SF
- Investment Sale - Pacific Life - 713,585 SF
- Investment Sale - CalEast - 1,248,998 SF
- Investment Sale - Sentinel - 712,145 SF
- Investment Sale - Duke Realty - 622,749 SF
- Investment Sale - Morgan Stanley - 535,385 SF
- Investment Sale - First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. - 325,000 SF
- Investment Sale - IndCor Properties - 711,540 SF
- Lease - Recreational Warehouse - 570,000 SF
- Lease - Real Capital Solutions - 562,000 SF
- Lease - Equity Industrial - 555,000 SF
- Lease - Robert Pattillo Properties - 238,000 SF
- Frito Lay
- Lockheed Martin
- Universal Studios
- RR Donnelley
- First Industrial
- CBRE Investors
- Northwestern Mutual
- Gannet Publishing
- Duke Realty
- Consolidated Tomoka
- Clarion Partners
Dear Mr. Moss,
I wanted to send this letter of appreciation for the work of David Murphy and Monica Wonus from your Orlando office on the sale of my two building investment portfolio in Orlando. David and Monica provided a reliable Broker Opinion of Value, created a national marketing campaign, and created demand for the property from investors throughout the country. Once we selected a buyer, David and Monica handled several due diligence concerns and made the process run seamlessly. David and his team have an enthusiastic, persistent, and well-coordinated approach to their business and it showed with the successful sale of my property. Most importantly, they were enjoyable to work with and always proactive throughout the process. I would absolutely use this team on future requirements and appreciate their hard work and great outcome on this sale.
Very truly yours,
Founder and Managing Director
David continues to prove why he is one of the top industrial brokers in the Southeast United States. He provides a level of focus and confidence during the entire development process, and delivers leasing performance that enhanced the value of our project. He also represented my firm with the utmost integrity and professionalism. David provides me peace of mind that my project is being taken care of and without hesitation, I would trust future projects with David. He understands who we are. He has clarity on our corporate mission and drives tremendous value to our projects. Frankly, David just gets it!
Steven E. McCraney
President & CEO
McCraney Property Company
Congratulations on being recognized as #1 Top Overall Commercial Real Estate Producer for 2009 as recognized by the Central Florida Commercial Association of Realtors. I was delighted, but not necessarily surprised, to see that you were honored by your peers for your achievements in the commercial real estate arena.
I want to express my admiration for you in the outstanding job you have done in gaining this deserved recognition from the real estate business community while your peers and other mere mortals can only aspire to receive any such accolades.
You embody the spirit of CBRE by your approach to the business, the professionalism, your real estate knowledge, and fair treatment of all principles in negotiating real estate transactions. You provide your clients a tremendous service and could not represent the real estate industry leader, CBRE, any better.
May you have continued success and benefit one hundred fold from your recognition and hard work.
Carl Manofsky, Principal
TRUE NORTH INVESTMENTS
I just wanted to send a quick note to thank you for your efforts in our successful marketing and sale of our excess land. In late January, when I requested to complete the transaction in Q1, I thought it was a long shot at best and was uncertain how it would impact the price. Obviously, we were able to accomplish the best of all outcomes by maximizing the price of the land and closing in Q1. We were only able to bring this project to a successful completion because of the efforts of the entire team including you and the folks from Holland & Knight. I felt you aggressively took charge of the project and had our best interests in mind the entire time. I appreciate your professional approach and your excellent communication skills.
Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to work again soon on another project.
FMC Technologies, Inc.
LETTER TO BILL MOSS, CBRE ORLANDO SENIOR MANAGING DIRECTOR:
I wanted to send you a brief note of appreciation and recognition of David Murphy's efforts in the representation and sale of my firm's property in Apopka. Despite a number of challenges, including a buyer backing out of the sale, David was able to secure a new buyer in less than 24 hours with a better offer. Throughout the process David was responsive and professional and assisted with all the details. Since this was a sale taking place 3,000 miles away, it was essential to have a quality agent representing us. We feel that David and CBRE delivered on this sale extraordinarily well.
Thank you for your firm's assistance and I will not hesitate to call upon CBRE in the future if our company's needs change.
Robert J. Pierson, III