Find Your Perfect Space
Charter Square, 555 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Don has been involved in many of Raleigh-Durham’s most significant office lease transactions, representing a wide range of firms across a variety of industries. Through numerous business cycles over his lengthy career, Don has positioned his clients to proactively approach each market cycle with an opportunistic mind-set. In his representation of clients with a national or global portfolio, he has tapped into the inherent strength of the CBRE Global Platform to drive a specific market-focused approach to creating value. An effective communicator, Don’s relationships across the market and across the country are extensive and of measurable value to his clients.
Don’s leadership within the Commercial Real Estate Industry and at the Civic level within his community has been extensive. He has been past President of the Research Triangle Chapter of NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties) and TRAOBA (Triangle Area Office Building Association), as well as having served a lengthy tenure on the Board of Directors for each respective organization. He spent several years as an active member of the Durham Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. In addition, in recent years Don has been serving on the Board of Trustees for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, where he is the incoming Chair for 2022 and 2023.
- Board of Trustees, National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Current Chair)
- Board Member, Durham Chamber of Commerce, 2015-2018
- President, NAIOP RTP Chapter, 2003
- Board Member, NAIOP RTP Chapter, 2002 – 2006
- President, Triangle Area Office Building Association, 1995
- Board Member, Triangle Area Office Building Assoc. (8 years)
- North Carolina Real Estate Broker’s License
- Triangle Community Coalition, Board Member 2005-2008
- Wake County Education Business Alliance Regional Chair
- Member, CBRE Global Life Sciences Group
- Member, CBRE Law Firm Practice Group
- Kenyon College, Bachelor of Science, Political Science, 1981
- Apptio, Inc.
- Arch Global
- Ascension Insurance
- Bohler Engineering
- Captrust Financial Advisors (national)
- Cline Design
- Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Gailor Hunt Law Firm
- Global Knowledge (national)
- HTC America Innovation
- Kacvinsky Daisak Bluni, PLLC
- K&L Gates LLP
- Misys Healthcare
- Modjeski and Masters, Inc.
- MS Society
- Pairwise Plants
- PSA Healthcare
- Raleigh Durham Medical Group
- Raleigh Radiology
- SAS Software (global)
- Triangle Community Foundation
- Tribune Media
- US Oncology
- Womble Bond Dickinson
- Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton
With more than 50 years of combined experience in the commercial real estate industry, Heath Chapman, Don Shupe and Clayton Collins bring a wealth of industry expertise to their occupier clients, both large and small. Their philosophy is straightforward: Each client deserves an experienced and knowledgeable team that customizes bespoke corporate real estate solutions to client-specific goals and objectives. From single transactions to multi-market portfolio assignments, they implement and execute strategies with best-in-class market intelligence to navigate the competitive, complex and ever-evolving marketplace and secure the most favorable terms for their clients.
Together, the team provides premier client service to firms across a myriad of industries at the local, national and global levels. Backed by the strongest platform in the commercial real estate industry and the unmatched resources unique to CBRE, Heath, Don and Clayton deliver sophisticated, comprehensive strategies and solutions to the clients they represent.
To learn more about the team, click here to download their team brochure.