Ian Murphy is a First Vice President at CBRE, Inc and a member of a top producing Occupier Advisory and Transaction Services team based in Downtown Chicago. He provides transaction management and brokerage services to some of the most innovative and dynamic companies globally. Ian’s approach incorporates an emphasis on focused execution to achieve client’s financial objectives while maximizing lease flexibility.
Since joining CBRE in 2012, Ian has completed over 300 transactions for occupier clients totaling over 5.5M rentable square feet, including projects in over 30 States and over 15 different Countries. In addition to executing transactions, Ian continuously focuses on strategic initiatives that can be implemented across client’s real estate portfolios to drive efficiency.
Prior to joining CBRE, Ian was a member of Pyramid Management Group’s leasing team. During his time at Pyramid, a privately held shopping center developer with approximately 20M square feet under management, Ian focused on development leasing with nationally recognized retailers.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Outreach with Lacrosse & Schools - Associate Board Member | 2017 - present
- Colgate University Alumni Council - Advisory Board Member | 2017 - present
- Urban Land Institute - Program Committee Member | 2013 - 2017
- Colgate University Men's Lacrosse Booster Club - Board President | 2011 - 2015
- Licensed Illinois Real Estate Broker | 2012 - present
- Colgate University, Bachelor of Arts, concentration in Economics
Men's Varsity Lacrosse, 2x Team Captain
- Chicago Office Transaction of the Year Winner (NAIOP 2020) - Uber at The Old Post Office (Chicago)
- Best Office Lease Winner (D CEO Magazine 2020) - Uber at The Epic I+II (Dallas)
- Deal of the Year Finalist (Greater Chicago Food Depository 2020) - Uber at The Old Post Office (Chicago)
- Ingenious Deal of the Year Finalist (REBNY 2020) - Uber at 3 World Trade Center (New York)
- American Express
- Brookfield GRS
- FDH Velocitel
- Ditech Financial
- Marriott International
- Managed by Q
- Nielsen Company
- Uber Technologies